Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tried it. Liked it.

I put my idea to the test. My golf partners, two guys I've known for sometime, had already heard me talk about the half-stroke, so this was nothing new to them. They were kind enough to agree to be scored under the same half-stroke system. (Thanks guys!)

I thought we would run into argument over whether or not a stroke should be counted as a half stroke or not. Good news: we did not. In fact, we all agreed unanimously ever time.

It did not, however turn out to be all that often this round. We only had 4 half strokes.

I enjoyed the system. It was a nice twist and I felt like we were starting to get at a system that rewards skill in ways equal to the skill required.

So I ask you: give it a try. What can it hurt?? Let me know what your golf group thought of the half-stroke. Share your experience - I'd really like to get some feedback on this.

Thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

why change anything???

Anonymous said...

i like this idea...how did it get started

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I don't know.

Anonymous said...

Interesting idea, but if we can change the scoring, I think there are many areas to look at. This one would be on my list.